Finding the best hemp oil for dogs can be quite hard. The hemp industry is relatively new, which means that most of these companies were established in the last 10 years or so. As a result, consumers usually don’t know who to trust.
An even bigger issue is the fact that the US government is just starting to implement certain rules and regulations that would improve the quality of the market. Because of these reasons, a potential buyer needs to be careful when purchasing medicinal hemp items.
There are a lot of things you need to know about hemp oil for dogs and how to find the proper substance for your pet’s problems.
In order to help you out, we’ve created a short article highlighting some of the potential benefits of CBD oil for dogs and how to find the right product. Check it out!
What is hemp oil?
A lot of people are confused when it comes to the term “hemp oil.”
This phrase is often used for two completely different products: hemp seed oil and CBD oil.
As you can tell from its name, the hemp seed oil is the oil that we receive from hemp seeds. While this oil is full of nutrients, it only has traces of cannabinoids, unlike CBD oil.
On the other hand, CBD oil is extracted from leaves, flowers, and stems, and most experts believe that it’s the future of the wellness industry.
In this particular article, we will focus on CBD hemp oil. Although hemp seed oil is nothing to be frowned upon, it simply doesn’t provide the same benefits as the other product.
Hemp oil for dogs is usually made from high-quality, organic hemp. That way, your dog will not only receive numerous benefits but may also avoid all the negative issues that come with pesticides and fertilizers.
Its secret lies in a high amount of cannabinoids, a group of substances that might regulate numerous internal functions within human and animal bodies.
How does hemp oil work for dogs?
As already mentioned, hemp products rely on cannabinoid substances such as CBD to stimulate a certain part of human and animal bodies, thus regulating internal processes. At least, this is based on theory and a limited amount of data.
Scientists are currently exploring the impact of cannabinoids on the human and animal endocannabinoid system. This system likely affects numerous internal functions, such as sleep, appetite, mood, pain, etc.
So, in theory, when cannabinoids bind to endocannabinoid receptors found within the endocannabinoid system, it is possible to regulate the system and, thus, some of the processes that it impacts. Of course, this is all within the realm of theory. This is why CBD products are still regarded as a wellness substance and not necessarily a medical treatment.
However, if you check some of the hemp policies around the world, you quickly realize that the various governments are really interested in exploring the plant’s potential. For example, in Australia, the patients have the option of getting medicinal hemp if other, traditional treatments are not working.
With policies such as this, we are able to explore the benefits and drawbacks of CBD oil without having to fully rely on studies.
What can CBD oil do for your pet?
Based on everything that was mentioned in the previous paragraph, hemp oil for pets has unlimited potential. However, that doesn’t mean you should stop consulting with your veterinarian or give your dog CBD oil whenever it encounters a small medical issue.
Hemp oil is mainly used as a wellness product at this point. A-1 Extracts team is led by ethical values, so we cannot recommend this product for some serious medical conditions.
However, we are almost certain that this product can help your dog to:
- Restore natural harmony
- Tackle physical discomfort and soreness
- Increase energy levels and deal with fatigue
- Improve appetite, mood, focus
- Reduce strain on the body
- Deal with minor skin issues and skin hydration
No matter how you use hemp oil for dogs, these products carry various benefits. And while they cannot cure debilitating diseases or chronic conditions, they might provide minor relief and even reduce the impact of certain symptoms.
All in all, it is a product that should improve the overall quality of life for your pet.
How to find the best hemp oil for dogs?
Of course, none of this has value if you’re not able to find a high-quality item.
“Hemp oil” is still a wide term and somewhat unregulated. In other words, a lot of different substances can be classified as hemp or CBD oil for dogs, even if they’re not what you expect. For example, you can find items with a small cannabinoid quantity advertised as “Ultimate CBD cure for your pet.”
In order to differentiate cash-grab hemp companies from the real ones, you should follow these tips:
- Buy from companies that grow their own hemp. This ensures that the product is of the highest quality and grown on American soil. Most of these companies have their own farms, and they usually apply organic farming processes. In other words, the manufacturer will have full control of the production process, which, in turn, will also affect the quality.
- Always buy hemp oil for dogs from companies that disclose certificates of analysis on their website as we do. This is crucial! If a document is legitimate, it can tell you a lot about the product and its ingredients. These tests are done by third-party labs ensuring that the results are completely impartial.
- It is much better to purchase from companies that have full transparency and integrity. Generally speaking, the USDA guidelines for growing and selling hemp products are really strict. However, there are a lot of companies that don’t abide by them. If you find a grower that is fully compliant, this will also affect the quality of the final item.
With these tips, you will find the best possible hemp oil for your dog. If you have any additional questions or wish to learn more about the product, make sure to contact us today!